This is Traditional Norwegian Kveik Brewing yeast culture from Voss, Norway. The LalBrew® Voss strain was obtained from Sigmund Gjernes (Voss, Norway), who has maintained this culture using traditional methods since the 1980s and generously shared it with the wider brewing community. LalBrew® Voss Kveik supports a wide range of fermentation temperatures between 25-40°C (77-104°F) with a very high optimal range of 35-40°C (95-104°F). Very fast fermentations are achieved within the optimal temperature range with full attenuation typically achieved within 2-3 days. The flavor profile is consistent across the entire temperature range: neutral with subtle fruity notes of orange and citrus. Flocculation is very high producing clear beers without filtration or use of process aids.
Below is general information about the Kveik yeast:
- Norwegian brewers have been using and passing down the yeast that they use to make farmhouse ales for generations.
- Kveik yeast has a crazy heat tolerance. It'll deliver consistent results up to 40°C.
- The lag time and fermentation time is short. It can start bubbling an hour after you pitch it and finish off a regular batch in just three days.
- When it's done with fermentation it'll fall out of suspension quickly. Very high flocculation!
- Quite high alcohol tolerance up to 14% ABV.
- You can collect it, dry it, freeze it and re-use it.
- Works great with high OG.
BEERS TO BREW: Farm-house Ale, American Pale Ale, American IPA, American IIPA, American Stout, American Amber/Red, American Brown, American Barleywine, American Wheat & rye, Specialty/Fruit/Veg/Spiced beers, Cream Ale, Irish Red and Scottish shilling beers, Dusseldorf Alt.
INGREDIENTS: three yeast strains.
FERMENTATION: up to 40°C (104°F).
PITCHING: 11 g per 23 L. Ideal pitching temperature is 34-39°C
ATTENUATION: 80% (residual sugars 11 g/l).
FLOCCULATION: Very High.